There is a buzz as they arrive, which we make sure to build on by making their Pathway Day special.
The Youth Group has a different atmosphere to a school day. Everyone has volunteered to be there, from the leaders to the newest member. Friendships are formed among different ages, genders and schools. The opportunity to spend a day together is grabbed enthusiastically.
Leaders tell us that they enjoy Pathway Days because:
- Teams are built
- Lots of choice of activities
- Young people get to do completely new sports
- The competition is fierce but fair
- They bond with their groups
- The conversations develop and become more open
A Pathway Day lasts a lot longer than 24 hours. There is excitement in the build-up, and enjoyment in the storytelling that follows. Memories are made, shared and laughed at for many years. We see people come back annually, with a bank of stories that will live on for years.